Equip Community Service
At Equip, our mission is to partner with families to provide students with high-quality education from a biblical worldview in a safe, respectful environment. We aim to equip students with the knowledge, skills, and courage to impact the world through their leadership and service. We believe that a well-rounded student will have the experience and capacity to serve others and the world around them.
We encourage all students at Equip to take an active part in their community around them through service. Being an international, online school, there are SO MANY ways our student body and their families can complete community service. Students at all levels should attempt to complete at least 10 hours of community service throughout the academic year. Some simple ways to do so include:
- Volunteering at a local shelter, soup kitchen, retirement home, or animal shelter
- Collecting food and clothing items for donation to a local food pantry
- Environmental cleanup of a nearby park, playground, or beach
- Making and sending cards to troops, the elderly, or the sick
- Participate in service opportunities at your church or community center
- There are many online organizations that will help you to do service even from your own home if your options are limited! Check out a few here:
**Remember, any student who participates in a service opportunity should do so with parental permission and supervision**
Community Service Options / Requirements for Equip:
Community service is optional, but recommended to help students build that well-rounded, value-based student experience.
Standard Diploma – Community service is optional, but recommended to help students build that well-rounded, value-based student experience.
College Prep Diploma – Students must complete and submit at least 30 hours of community service throughout their high school career to earn this diploma
Honors Diploma – Students must complete and submit at least 50 hours of community service throughout their high school career to earn this diploma
Equip students can earn elective credits for their community service! Here is what you need to know:
- Students can earn 0.5 elective credits for every 50 hours of community service performed within one 10-month enrollment.
- To earn credits for community service, the service must be done through an organization where the service is signed and accounted for using the verification sheet by a non-family-member supervisor.